Wednesday, January 02, 2019 12:58 PM

NEW YORK BOY DIES AFTER SMELL OF COOKING FISH CAUSED POSSIBLE ALLERGIC REACTION: REPORT

The smell of cooking fish could have caused the boy to reportedly have an allergic reaction. (iStock)

An 11-year-old boy in Brooklyn, New York, has reportedly died after the smell of cooked fish potentially caused him to have a fatal allergic reaction, according to a report.

Cameron Jean-Paul reportedly suffered an allergic reaction Tuesday night when his family was cooking fish, policetold the Daily News[1].At one point, he lost consciousness and was subsequently taken to Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP[2]

The boy died shortly after, the Daily News reported, adding the city medical examiner will determine the boy's official cause of death.

It's currently unclear what type of fish the family was cooking at the time of the incident.

WOMAN DEVELOPS DONOR'S PEANUT ALLERGY AFTER LUNG TRANSPLANT[3]

In some cases, those with certain food allergies can be adversely affected by the smell of those foods, the Daily News reported, citing a 2009 study in the journal Clinical and Molecular Allergy. The American College ...

News source: Fox News

See also: Steven Enrich